View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 03:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
steffen707
Master EcoModder

My initial results from the mpguino were awesome. This little device is really fun to play around with different driving. like in first gear floored i get 8mpg,in 2nd it gets like 15mpg at same speed, in 3rd 19mpg same 10mph acceleration, and 4th and 5th also go up in mpg as well. Now I gotta play around with from start to finish on a particular stretch of road, will i get better gas mileage accelerating moderately in a lower gear to cruising speed then put it in 5th and cruise, or will bogging the motor for a longer time at a higher mpg but for a longer distance then cruise at 40mph yield better results.

the cool thing with this device is that you can play around with all sorts of scenarios and trying new things out.

One thing i noticed is that under 40mph if I turned the ac on I would lose about 2mpg on the instant mpg screen, but at 70mph steady speed on flat road it made no difference, I would push the button in, and out and the instant mpg would stay the same. I was figuring id see like a 5mpg drop. Don't know if something is going on that I'm not understanding, but.....its interesting nonetheless.