View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 02:01 AM   #18 (permalink)
texanidiot25
Master EcoModder

Formula - '96 Firebird Formula/Trans-Am
90 day: 19.31 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay635703 View Post
Actually any OBDII vehicle can be reconfigured to have lean burn, too bad there isn't any step by step simple way of getting the ECU image off, modding the maps and putting it back on.

Also all Euro GM vehicles had lean burn, if you can find an ECU rom image from the euro version of your paticular motor you can gain lean burn, too bad no europeans have the tuning fixation americans have as I have never found a new gm/buick 3800 euro tune rom even though I know that powerplant ended up in europe under different names certain years.

If I had the mind to do it I would have all my vehicles running lean burn on the highway.

Too bad its not so easy.
Suppose you could go a little nuts, and have a stand-alone ECU that's programmed to run a lean burn mixture safely. Leave the stock ECU in for inpection reasons, and plug the stand-alone back in later.

Lets see how far it can go

"All I know about music is that not many people ever really hear it. [...] But the man who creates the music is hearing something else, is dealing with the roar rising from the void and imposing order on it as it hits the air. What is evoked in him, then, is of another order, more terrible because it has no words, and triumphant, too, for the same reason. And his triumph, when he triumphs, is ours." -Sonny's Blues