View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 01:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
pgmomni
Camry MPG Modder

Camry CE - '00 Toyota Camry CE
90 day: 36.18 mpg (US)
Ditto...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula413 View Post
And warp your brake rotors...

+1 on hating having to hand over the keys.
My 1st Camry, ever single wheel stud snapped over a period of 2-3 months
as all of them had been air gunned to hell by dealer who swapped on "inspectable" junk rubber before I got the car.

Another great one was the Ford Dealer who over filled my Mazda3, 6qts in a 2 liter?

OR the Jiffy Lube Pro who filled my car with 5/30w even after I paid the extra $10 for semi-sythetic 5/20w that was spec for the Mazda.
When I noticed them doing that I gently reminded them and they drained it an d fixed it. 500 miles later my oil filter feel off and Mazda towed my car in (free roadside assistance) and checked my engine, said looks like you got lucky BUT your warranty is null and void.

They let some air out of my wifes monster Michelins on her Pilot last oil change at a Valvoline EVEN after I asked them politley not to.

We signed her car up for the Valvoline Oil motor warranty. As long as we use the semi-synthetic they warranty the motor until 125K, its at 65K now.

My Camry oil filter sits at a 45 degree upright position right over cross member. Messy change unless I do the drain all oil, put oil plug back on, start car, shut off after 5 seconds, drain rest of oil. That seems to get the cup or so oil out of the oil filter. Spin it off quick and turn it upside down and no mess.

Pete