Thread: Finally
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 10:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Danncomm
Drive lots knows little

blue sipper - '06 Honda Insight
90 day: 85.96 mpg (US)

BEAST - '88 Ford F250 Lariet
90 day: 24.82 mpg (US)
Finally

Finally got the Blue Slug on the road, I bought a 2006 Honda Insight last year that had taken out 2 deer. After lots of body work and parts it was inspected a couple of weeks ago and licensed. If not for all the reading I had been doing about the car and its capabilities I would not be anywhere near the level I have gotten from the car so far. On a recent work day I drove about 300 miles and the meter on the dash says 71.9 mpg. Have done no aero mods as of yet and in fact is missing some of the under body panels. I cant wait to make a few improvements and see what I can do with her.

My job has me traveling all over north central Iowa driving anywhere from 150 to 550 miles per day. I had been driving a Sonata and averaging 33 mpg with it. Because of time constraints I cant really do much hypermiling. I run 55 on the back roads and 65 ( a little under the speed limit ) while on the interstate. The other night on the way back home from my last job and with no to light traffic I decided to try a little hypermiling, for the 58 miles home I averaged 84.7 mpg. Roughly 2/3 gallon with this car compared to the almost 2 gallons it would have taken with my old car. I can't wait to see what the future holds for the Blue Slug and I