Thread: 600 mile range
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 12:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
bgd73
Banned

oldscoob - '87 subaru wagon gl/dr
90 day: 47.06 mpg (US)
nice

I got 38 max out of injected sube (you are using the sube? 15.9 gal = sube)

one would need higher grade stuff or a unique fuel with current setup to go farther.

I just fixed a pinhole in the carbed sube gas tank.. I am really itching to get out, with all the highway mods (even the steels had to be strengthened)..almost 4 years of one thing after another, heck bent on a highway 1781cc that can.

the carb is mythical.

I expect bangor,maine to the south of maryland someplace. virginia beach...maybe...
800+ miles.

a 2wd injected loyale (single point injection) .. I was in pennsylavania someplace to fill back up. Before the thought realm of ecomodder.. I did not even keep track. 1357 miles, 25 hours. Slept for 1. 2 tanks, had a quarter when i got home (the second fill up.) Simply a retarded challenge, no purpose, except to prove the little boxer.
My area is still more biger vehicles than not. i loved flying around the big apple with the little sube. I only have been through there with a rig, a trillion times. The car was a blast..except poisons are everywhere.. enough to choke hillbilly (I gagged)

I hope to do the crazy trip this year.. just to do it. the little suber is getting rare, and noone documented when it was making a legend for itself. Far beyond a hippy cross country beetle...