View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 06:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
thebrad
I REFUSE!

VTEC Express - '96 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 57.72 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to thebrad
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH77 View Post
I've heard of people running 2 SG's with the Y-cable before (I think on Priuses or Insights).

I wonder if the SG-II and a datalogger (Davis CarChip) would work.

BTW, what's CAN?

RH77
Controller Area Network, is the potential replacement for OBD-II.
However, it seems luxury auto companies are already looking beyond CAN to FlexRay.

FlexRay which offers faster and more reliable connections than CAN currently offers. FlexRay offers twenty times the speed currently supplied by CAN, by running parallel 10 megabit per second connections between the ECU and the car's actuators. At time of publication the main automotive backers of this new network system were BMW and Daimler Chrysler, with speculation from Volvo, Volkswagen, and Audi. However, Audi expressed interest in using it in their 2009 A8. The Japanese automakers such as Honda, Toyota and Nissan are also listed as associates of the FlexRay research development, but have concerns over the price of the new system when taking into consideration that they mainly offer economical cars. I am speculating that they will take a page from BMW and keep these new systems exclusive to their luxury divisions until the price drops, which is expected in 2010.