View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 06:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,227 Times in 4,654 Posts
transition panels

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4536 View Post
How are your transition panels coming? Didn't your already have those on your aerotrailer before the unfortunate wheel mishap? ( I've been lurking for awhile). Were they destoyed or are you modifying them? (By the way I really felt for you as you had put alot of time and energy into your project, but at least your were OK.)

I was thinking that something as simple as a bungee cord attached to eyelets on the inside of the 2 verticle transition panels could hold each of the panels against the trailer sides of its nose. The bungee would be mounted in front of the nose some small distance. As you turned, the nose of the trailer would push the panel on the outer edge of the turn outward where the wind would kleep it flush against the trailer. The panel on the inside of the turn would be held even tighter against the wider part of its side of the nose due to the increased tention on the the bungee.

Another option would be to attach a bungee for each panel further back and to its side of the nose. And finally a single bungee could be attached to each panel and run thru a smooth horizontal tube in the nose to the opposite panel. In this case a funnel shaped intrance to the tube could reduce wear and tear on the bungee. Those are enough thoughts on the subject as any more and I will be approaching the complexity of pulley and cable solutions.
4536,I'm going to dig up the trailer thread and post your answer over there,just to kinda keep things together.
It will be at the Full-Boat-Tail Trailer.................