View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 08:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
lunarhighway
Master EcoModder

vectra a - '95 Opel Vectra GLS
90 day: 37.51 mpg (US)
water induction + wai advice?

i want to make a simple water injection or rather induction setup, to see if there's any gains to be had. i think in combination with my curent wai setup that makes for bigger throttle settings and a leaner mixture there's several things attributed to water injection that could benefit me, even it gains are small i dont mind refilling a water tank every day as water is free and fuel is not, plus i could always fit a bigger water tank.

the basic idea is to make the intake air more humid, but i'm wondering what the best way would be to do this.. i've looked into several water injection systems described on line, but i'm wondering what would work best.

would the lower pressure in the airbox, at wide throttle settings, be enough to suck in water from a reservoir trough a fine needle? alternatively in stead of sucking in water directly i could aslo employ a "bubbler" system where air is sucked from the top of a closed water reservoir and this air is replaced with air that enters trough a submerged intake, thus creating bubbles making the air that's sucked into the airbox take small water doplets with it.

has anyone ever tried something similar or can anyone offer some advice?

*i can coast for miles and miles and miles*