View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 08:35 AM   #183 (permalink)
Wonderboy
Master EcoModder

The Fruit Bat - '01 Honda Insight
Last 3: 54.26 mpg (US)

Current - '21 Subaru Impreza Wagon
90 day: 34.36 mpg (US)
Quote:
So, this car is to be daily driven, and you're getting rid of "98 Civic"? That's exciting. Do you have a lot left to do before you can daily drive it?
That's the plan...It will be more of a weekly driver, but that's just semantics. I just traded a local exhaust shop some computer work for a pipe between the manifold and the cat - it had been cracked, and I assumed that's what was throwing the CEL (O2 sensor). Turns out it wasn't and that the CEL is simply the ECT sensor, but sealing up the exhaust system is probably a wise idea anyway, and it never hurts to be on good terms with your best local exhaust shop, and even better to be bartering at all. Bartering is great. I barter, you should barter. We all should barter, hooray!

Now that I got the pipe, I think its ready for inspection. As for things I'd like to get done, I have yet to put the carpet in, strap the rear battery in tightly, get the radiator fan working (IDK if it works or not - either it doesn't work perhaps due to the ECT sensor issue, or it has never gotten hot enough to turn on. I feel like this is a solid possibility since the Honda radiator is a little more than twice the volume of the radiator this engine is used to having), install the block heater, and take it to Topher to drive it and see if there are any bad noises I'm not hearing. Aero mods will also be in the works.

I don't have specific plans for welding practice, but when I have something else to weld I won't hesitate to do it.

Off-topic: I should probably tell everyone in a new thread about the new truck, eh? So busy...

Last edited by Wonderboy; 06-25-2010 at 08:42 AM..