View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 03:14 AM   #57 (permalink)
Sparkchaser
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_the_Hack View Post
Fellas...

It would be nice to have a sticky out here that broke things out in a quick reference manner:
  • Car mods
    • Prioritized list of aero mods
  • Truck mods
    • Prioritized list of mods

Realizing that various mods deliver different percentages of improvements per vehicle, these might be somewhat general. For example, with a truck, the likely top few mods might be a) lowering the truck, b) less aggressive tire tread and size, c) aero bed cover, etc.

So... unless there is some data out there that indicates smooth wheel covers are a huge saver, I would expect to see these generally at the lower end of the spectrum. I realize that this might be too precise, so grouping in general categories of top mods, middle mods, and everything else, might suffice.

Breaking this out by cars v/s trucks would be quite helpful...

Just my $0.02...
Yes! There are more folks out there whose commuter car is a truck! I am trying to find out what mods are most effective for trucks. I drive a 1999 Dodge Ram 4x4 Quad Cab Cummins turbo diesel with short bed and a canopy. I was thinking of trying those smooth wheel covers, slight mods to wheel wells using spray foam or??? and mudflaps (to be like the SVO mustang ones) ,as well as those NACA duct looking stick-on airfoil thingys. And blocking off grill area, and perhaps belly pans. Suggestions? I'll keep reading more now....