View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 06:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Mrtony5
EcoModding Lurker

Cruze - '12 chevy cruze eco
90 day: 34.45 mpg (US)
Hello To all! Civic gas saver here

Hello, Well I have a 1992 civic cx I bought a few years ago after my brother bought a vx and showed me how great they are. About 6 months after i bought it the cx engine blew up so i found a cheap d16z6 engine to swap in (I wish i knew then worse gas mileage) But i needed a car. Anyway I love the car and being that i'm in college trying to work as much as a can I need to save money so i've been trying to save gas as much as possible. I drive about 200 miles everyday when school is in (fall and spring) and right now just driving to work 60 mile commute. I bought a vx d15z1 engine and just finished rebuilding it, just got to find time to figure out the wiring and swap it in. I've started working on rear wheel skirts but realized i need to get some different wheels first so i'm thinking either vx, hx, or steelies with moon hubcaps. Then i want to start working on a belly pan. My first goal is to reach 60mpg if possible. Right now i get anywere from 38 to 45 mpg i just started trying to keep it below 1500 rpms and 60mph on the highway to see what happens. If you guys have any questions or advice please let me know. Thank you