View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 06:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
wyatt
EcoModder

Big Salsa - '04 Toyota Sienna LE

Silver - '10 Toyota Prius III
Poor Radio Reception

I recently swapped my car radio with a tape deck for a newer radio with a CD player, USB port, and HD radio. Unfortunately, the radio tuner seems to be really bad, and I can no longer listen to my favorite radio stations to and from work .
I have been looking at options for improving the radio reception, and came across a radio signal amplifier. Has anyone used one? If it helps, it would be worth the money.
Also, my antenna is broken off (and has been for years), so replacing it with one of these would also help (if it fits). I never had this much trouble getting radio stations in my life! I effectively took out my radio and installed a USB MP3 player... Are there any good antennas out there that would do the job (on the cheap)?
I was thinking I could go to a junk yard and poke around looking for a Geo Metro and take it's OEM antenna (it should fit my Suzuki Swift)... but if I would be better off looking at antennas from different car antennas, perhaps I would start there. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks.