View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 12:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Another EV in the garage!

Last night I hauled home another electric car, this time a CommutiCar, the 2nd incarnation of the CitiCar, so it has real windows, better seats, a larger motor, and because of the larger motor the batteries are in the bumpers, instead of under the seat, so it has the longer black bumpers.
Mine is pretty, green, still shinny, bought by HMV freeway in 1981 for research and development, then sold in 1982 to a family member of the company, then to another family member of the company, then yesterday to me, complete with original invoice and owners manual, 2 year old batteries installed, some disconnected wiring to the gauges, and a bad connection to one of the turn signals, but other then that it's in awesome shape, stored in side it's whole life and only has 2,800 miles on it.
Monday I'm going in to get plates for it, next weekend is the first car show in the area of the season and I have plans to take it! I of course have plans to use it, just need to get the minor electrical problems worked out first.
Don't worry, photos have been taken, I've just been busy, I'll have them up soon.