View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 03:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
95Bronco
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
I've done a fan delete and grille block, along with engine blanket, and my 5.0 will occasionally hit 20. I think using P- series tires instead of LT- helps. On mine I've found going oversize kills fe. Stock is 235/75R15; it wears 245/75s now; it's had bigger in the past but I won't do that again. The E4OD doesn't like that and upshifts outta OD too much. Forget that hood thing unless you like the idea of the styling change. The airdam idea might have merit. These things are gonna push lots of air no matter what unless you get radical, so the big thing is to keep it under 60 mph.
Not sure if the exhaust Y-pipe on the trucks is the same as on the Bronco but virtually everyone notes a 3mpg gain from a Y-pipe change. The stock Y-pipe is very restrictive so that is something on my list.

The other thing I would look to doing is high quality ignition components, (including "performance" wires), gap standard copper Autolite plugs to .055, and advance the timing 3.5 degrees from stock....Again virtually everyone who has done so notes a very measurable gain in MPG, and in HP/TQ