View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 02:22 AM   #56 (permalink)
jamesqf
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnemy View Post
My statement was concerning Frank's belief that he is a good enough driver to avoid anything,,,
Mine is just the flip side of that: of course you can't aviod EVERYTHING, but you can avoid some things. And it's a fact that the only accidents I've ever been involved in were me getting rear-ended while sitting in a line of stopped traffic, which I think count as unavoidable by any reasonable definition.

Quote:
The whole roll over thing is in most cases overstated. Yes there were a few models built that were less stable than my 25 year old Jeep, and it didn't help that the cheap tires they put on them were prone to failure, even when properly inflated. I have yet to roll either my pickup or my Jeep (just a matter of time), and I have done some rather interesting things with both.
Not overstated: if anything, the risk of rollover is understated. Take those cheap tires: I've had several high-speed blowouts in sports/muscle cars, which were perfectly controllable, just noise, vibration, and a bit of drag. It's not particular models, either, but just simple physics: give something a higher center of gravity, and it rolls easier.