View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 11:33 AM   #27 (permalink)
Thymeclock
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azaviator View Post
Bringing my previous story back into the discussion, I was actively watching as I backed up because I was aware of the dangers of small children playing in the parking lot. Should they have been playing in the parking lot? Their parents seemed to think so!!

My momma told me "Always look both ways before crossing the street". She never said "Listen out for cars". Though the argument could be that she was telling me to PAY ATTENTION, using all methods available to me.
Apparently you are a dinosaur who grew up in a world before trial lawyers and gullible juries made liability lawsuits into a highly profitable venture. Nowadays mommas don't tell their kid what you were told. The prevailing modern attitude is 'you have a right to be in the street, so go play in traffic'; if you are lucky and get hit by a car we can blame everyone but ourselves and collect a settlement or jury award, hopefully substantial enough to retire comfortably on it.

In short, the message is: you are not responsible for anything that happens - society is - especially those who might have pockets deeper than yours.