View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 12:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
ChopsQube
EcoModding Lurker

Nissan Cube - '10 Nissan Cube Base
90 day: 33.35 mpg (US)

The BRG - '91 Mazda Miata SE
90 day: 35.9 mpg (US)
I'm not in or from Canada, but I am a Cube owner! I'm glad to see another Cube owner on the forum though, very much so.

As for ecomodding, all I have done so far is bump my tire pressure up to max sidewall of 51psi (actually just over). I'm now running at 56psi up front and 53psi in the back. This is something you may want to try. It's helped me out some and I have noticed a decrease in rolling resistance. The other thing I did is add some VG's (Vortex Generators) to the roof in the back. From what I can tell, they haven't done a single thing to improve anything. LOL

In the somewhat near future I plan on doing either a partial or full lower grill block, extended air dam, front and rear wheel spats (deflectors), lowering 2" via Megan lower springs and either partial or full belly pans.

Of course, developing and improving my hypermiling techniques will most likely make the largest improvements but the other stuff will add up as well. I drive 100+ miles round trip 5 days a week, so every little bit will help.