View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 01:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
IsaacCarlson
eco....something or other

wood hauler - '91 Ford F-250
Team Pontiac
90 day: 18.97 mpg (US)

Rav - '06 Toyota Rav4 Base
90 day: 26.52 mpg (US)
It will only be full when I start watering....so I am trying to plan for the lowest level of water to make sure it works well all the time. The tank will be almost two feet off the ground. I can't put it any higher because of the dish height. I put the posts as close together as I dared to get the dish high enough. The reason it is not higher is because I used the corner post of the fence and it is only 6'. I also do not want the tank uphill from the gutters on the outbuildings. It will be fun piping the water to the tanks. I don't know if I should run it over the driveway or under. If I run it under then I have to made darn sure I get ALL the water out before it freezes. If I go over it is going to hold snow/ice and be heavy/hazard. I can do the barn easy but the shed is a bit harder. I am hoping to get the platform built for the tank today if it cools down. I found out a 2" pvc coupler will fit on the tank valve, so I now have a way of necking it down to a garden hose fitting and tee into the other containers.

1991 F-250:
4.9L, Mazda 5 speed, 4.10 10.25" rear