View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 08:03 PM   #41 (permalink)
pgmomni
Camry MPG Modder

Camry CE - '00 Toyota Camry CE
90 day: 36.18 mpg (US)
37 mpg last trip... New personal Camry record!

594 miles on 16.035 gals. ]

Last week during the power outage I used a 1500 watt power inverter on the Camry to keep the frig and freezer running. These 2 with a light in the kitchen drew 20-30 amps. I had to rip put the upper grill block as running the Camry at steady 1500 rpms behind the house the fans came on a lot!

When we made coffee using a Mr. Coffee maker the amps peaked at 90!

So, any way, this 99% pure hwy run, avg speed with a decent amount of traffic was 48. No uppper grille block, BUT some water induction thru a 1/4 vacuum line into a bottle of water in the cup holder in the center console.

Installed a tee in a vacuum line btw the high idle vacuum soleinoid and the throttle body. Ran the 1/4 line to the center console. On the end of the vacuum line I used one of my late mothers insulin syringes. Kinda like a IV drip of water into the TB.

"Seemed" better at hill climbing. Ran cooler on the water temp but then again we had no upper grille block and the weather was cool.

Peeked at the pistons thru spark plug hole and noticeable less carbon build up which is why I wanted to try the water IV drip.

Pete