View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 02:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
texanidiot25
Master EcoModder

Formula - '96 Firebird Formula/Trans-Am
90 day: 19.31 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by payne171 View Post
Listen, I am a GM backer, but I have owned 3 CRXs (never again, though; love a rex but two of them tried to kill me). First, ignore EPA #s and see what people are really getting from their cars. GM builds to the EPA test; Honda builds cars for driving.
The 3800 powered cars (read: W-Bodies) are about as fuel efficient as full sized Hondas and Toyotas in real life. Some of them can't compete in city ratings, but in real life driving they're not far off the half-sized 4 cylinders. Not to mention, make oodles more power and torque.

Hell, even the 3100 is fairly fuel efficient. My mom's '06 Malibu averages 27mpg regularly, and she drives terribly (in regards to fuel economy) and in traffic with the a/c on all the time. This is with a 3.1L OHV V6 dating back to the mid 80s.

Lets see how far it can go

"All I know about music is that not many people ever really hear it. [...] But the man who creates the music is hearing something else, is dealing with the roar rising from the void and imposing order on it as it hits the air. What is evoked in him, then, is of another order, more terrible because it has no words, and triumphant, too, for the same reason. And his triumph, when he triumphs, is ours." -Sonny's Blues