View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 02:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
99clipsgst
EcoModding Lurker

Altima SE - '07 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE
90 day: 22.72 mpg (US)

RSX-S - '02 Acura RSX Type S
90 day: 29.76 mpg (US)

Igloo - '07 Nissan Quest SL
90 day: 17.5 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to 99clipsgst
Altima

@Superchow the 3.5 Is a very sweet engine and with the CVt I can easily cruise around town without even cracking the 2K RPM mark. The CVT does have some manual control it has the option to lock the CVT into 6 ratios to simulate a manual transmission. However when ever i drive around using it my MPG drops so I tend to stay away from it.

@Old Mechanic it Cd listed for 2007+ altima sedans is 0.31 and the Hybrid is listed at 0.30. and as you pointed out the Altima 3.5SE and Murano have the same drivetrain.

@ChazInMT Igot the car without a spoiler and since putting it on I haven't seen a diffrence at all with the MPG. The spoiler dosen't have a gap between it and the car So i would think that it would help some with detaching the air from the otherwise rounded lip of the trunk.

@titan8or the fuel max tires have a max PSI of 51. and I'm not planning on going past that. Sadly in the 45 days or so that I have had the tires I have yet to see a real diffrence in the MPG. The goodyears are supposed to have less rolling resistance and the also weight 5 Lbs less per tire over the stock wheels.

Right now I want to see if these is any thing to the underside of the car that will up the MPG. does anyone if the hybrid altima has aero mods on it that could be transfered over to my car? Like tire spats or a belly pan? Right now I'm saving up for a new Y pipe that should help with back pressure in the cylinders and up the MPG.