View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 03:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lokalazeros
EcoModding Lurker

Cevic - '09 Honda Civic DX-G, coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 39.79 mpg (US)
Talking Project ''Daily Wolfsburg'' MK4 Jetta

Hello,

Welcome the 'Daily Wolfsburg' project thread. In this topic I will to document the mods I am doing to my 2003 1.8t Volkswagen Jetta regarding fuel efficiency, and general fuel consumption in general.

I'd like to share my work because I've noticed that more and more people feel they could do something about the whole I-use-too-much-energy / climate change issue, and most of the time they don't realize how easy (and relaxing) it is to use less energy, or at least use it more efficiently.

I'll do my best to keep this thread clear and organized. I'll update this post (if the forum allow ?!) to update and add links to the mod list below.

Feel free to comment / suggest anything you have in mind, as long as it stay constructive and respectful
Goals
-Use less fuel than the TDI alternative.(mk4 Jetta TDI get 6.2l/100km EPA) on average for last 90 days
-And, my gamer side is telling me I also should also try to beat garage's member Spil (best average for a non-tdi jetta, as far as I could tell) with an average of 6.17L/100km (38.5mpg for 90 days) (Spil if you are active on the forum, let me know ahah.)

Car Spec
2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg edition
160 xxx Km
1.8L turbo on stock boost
16'' BBS RXII covered by P205/55R16 pumped @ 41PSI front, 42.5 rear(Summer set-up)
to be confirmed(Winter set-up)
Fuelled using Premium octane 91 as spec'd
EPA is 9.8l/100km or 24mpg

Modifications (as of 11 July 2010)
Major driver's re-education
Scangauge II (still calibrating as of 11 July '10)
Lower-mid grill block (version: V0 | V1 ) (V.0 Installed on the 10 July 2010)

ToDo/Whishlist
Full DIY HID headlight (Status: In progress / Paused)
Upper ''VW'' grill block & 'vw' Shaving (Status: Asap / Before 2010-2011 Winter)
Lowering 1-2'' for the summer (Status: When money allow / next summer)
Lightweight wheels on Low Rolling Resistance tires (Status: When money allow / Next summers )
Mooncap wheel cover (Status: low priority)

Last edited by Lokalazeros; 07-11-2010 at 06:57 PM..