View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 06:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
trikkonceptz
Legend in my own mind

Evil Pumpkin - '08 Scion xD RS 1.0 #1633
90 day: 35.45 mpg (US)

Silent Silver Killer - '10 Honda Insight EX
90 day: 51.5 mpg (US)
I agree to an extent. Alternative fuels may never be cheaper. I have seen E85 in Florida as expensive as regular gas. As long as there is someone controling the fuel, there will be someone manipulating the price.

If we were to go electric suddenly, they would make up for it in our electricity bills by designing the cars to charge off of independently monitored outlets or simply add a surcharge for having an electric car.

Heck if we went solar electric, I am sure they would find a way to get us there by charging more to register the vehicles or give us special travel lanes on the highway that we would have to pay for. Or maybe just raise toll rates to recover any money lost.

For any alternative to oil we find there will be equal due diligence to make money off it.

Thats why I think its futile to fight against higher prices, I'd rather focus on giving other countries less of my money for the fuel I have to use by using the least amounts possible.

I am a precisional instrument of speed and aeromatics
If your knees bent in the opposite direction......what would a chair look like???