View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 11:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
bondvagabond
EcoModding Apprentice

vandle - '93 Ford E-350 Xlt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clev View Post
Did it come that way, or did you retrofit it? If so, how did you do it? I have a '96 Ranger and would love to have a factory mileage computer for it.
It is an easy retrofit, I am mechanically inclined, but NOT electronically inclined, and I was successful. Go to therangerstation.com in their tech articles on the lower left side is a section called electronics or something like that, and in there is an article called "trip minder mileage computer install" something like that. he spells it out for a 93 ranger, mine is a 94, don't know what year changes would make it so you would have to do different things. I posted a link to the article in another thread, do a search for trip minder computer, should bring it up. basically you look through 30-100 crown vics, continentals, t-birds from like 86-92 I believe, there are 7 wires to hook up, 5 are easy, they come from your clock, 2 are a little trickier, they go to the computer plug, still within my mediocre skill set. One is for fuel info, one for speed info.

I got mine for a buck forty nine! Eat that scanguagers! (just teasing, I have a scan guage on my wife's 05 corolla)

But seriously, spread the word to all pre-OBD2 ranger hypermilers, so that someone smarter than me can tell me how accurate they are and how to accurize it :-) Cheers.

Mad max would have driven a metro