View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 06:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
How did YOU find EcoModder.com?

With EM getting popular it scores high in search engines, plus publicity in articles. But back when I found EcoModder it was somewhere between the 5th and 7th page of a Google search, but I found that out only after finding EM. Here's the story:

First we go back 7-8 years, I was in a small city in the middle of the Utah desert for 2 days. There, I noticed an old (circa 1950's or 1960's) pick-up truck with rear wheel skirts. I believe they where DIY's, but the rust on them and on the truck helped them blend right in.
Fast forward to late 2008.
The Wife and I are planning to buy our first car, and since we are both eco-minded weirdos we were looking for something with very good FE. But that wasn't enough for me, no, I wanted to further reduce the fuel consumption of the car we hadn't even bought yet. So, I googled. I had those wheel skirts in the back of my head all that time, but I didn't even know what they were called, but after a while I found the following article at MetroMPG.com: Testing grille blocking & wheel skirts: +5.7% improvement. Nice. Finally some real info. From there I quickly found a link to EcoModder.com, and, well, here I am. My name is Adam, I've been addicted since...

So what's your story? How did you stumble along? Do you remember with thread brought you here, or did you find the EcoModder.com in the media?

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread