View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 06:41 AM   #14 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Now for the radio interview. The reporter wasn't very eco-minded, so the interview mostly went over what was in the article. This, plus the short time we had, prevented the interview from going into depth. Even though I mentioned that driving style saves more fuel than aeromods, the reporter was more interested in what I drive, not how I drive it.

Fortunately, we did have a chance to add something from ourselves. When asked what it is like to have an eco lifestyle I answered that I don't know, since I have no comparison. I've always seen things this way, ever since I was a little kid. What should we do to help others become more eco-minded? We should set an example and be proud of it. It's not a shame to save, it's a shame to waste.

After the interview I talked to one of the eco-people from the article. She couldn't understand why people who try to live a natural lifestyle are regarded as outsiders, extremists, or just plain weird. 'Weird' is better suited for people who make an effort to escape fom nature, who are addicted to oil and feel "at home" only when surrounded by concrete.

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread