View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 12:17 AM   #9 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arminius View Post
Being that we are both from Wisconsin, I was wondering if there were any problems with the MDV. I'm looking forward to updates.
I have a temp plate on it right now, I did get asked if this was truly road leagle, I answered "yes" and it was left at that! I ended up going down to the police station today (DMV is only open Thursday and Friday here), dealt with the meter maid who was working at the counter, she looked at the title and was a bit confused, I told her it was a weird little car that was one of about 2,500 made, she then asked what kind of mileage it gets! I smirked and told her it was electric, she also asked if my family was going to be part of the national tour of solar homes again in October, I was kind of suprized at what she pays attention to.
I'm getting collector plates on it, it cost me an extra $35 and they never expire, I just can't use it in January, I also asked about collector insurance, that is going to cost $178 per year for full coverage as long as I don't use it as my "back up vehicle" or my primary mode of transit... well tonight I drove it to a friends house to show it off, drove around town a bit, and it's so much fun to drive!
I'll keep my other car for work, hauling cargo, tools, and bad weather.
When I first drove in to town I was expecting people to notice, but people really noticed, like speeding up, turning in to parking lots and pulling out camera's, kids pointing with jaws dropped, I've never seen anything slow other vehicles down like this, it made me grin.

Oh, and the wheels are stock 13" with original tires as best as I can tell, the hub caps however I don't think are original, not sure what to do with them
My batteries are over 2 years old so my current top speed with batteries fresh off the charger is just over 30mph on a flat road, the battery cables are undersized, and I need to finish cleaning connections as a few of them are getting warm, new cables are part of the plan, the 3 speeds takes a little to get used to, but in a way I don't mind it as much as I thought that I would.

Last edited by Ryland; 04-18-2008 at 09:41 AM..