View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 04:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Boydness
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertSmalls View Post
Well, VSS won't cause a no-start, nor would one broken FI wire... Your problem is probably either unrelated to the install, or related to something you knocked loose while working on it.
"Acts like no fuel or spark..."
I think it's time for conventional diagnosis. Try starting fluid, then test for spark.
Yep, surprised me that I would have an issue like this after the installation, if I had considered it a possibility I would have selected a test route without such steep hills...

It was extremely hot (steamy) and I ran out of time to troubleshoot on the side of the street. After I tried to make sure that I had not disrupted/knocked loose any connections, I was perplexed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatt View Post
What are the exact symptoms? Will the engine turn over? Also, make sure your connections are sealed (electrical tape), grounding something out could cause problems.
The starter turns great, just acts like no fuel and/or spark.
I initially thought that it could be a grounding issue, so I removed the connection of the new install to eliminate the possibility. I may have moved some other wires and will have to check everything around the areas that I was touching during the install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTimson View Post
I think I've hooked up the wires in pretty much every possible wrong combination before, and the car still worked fine, just the gauge showed messed up values. So I agree that it's most likely an issue outside of the gauge.

Can you bump start it?
That's good to know, it's a relief that I could not have caused any permanent damage with the install itself.

Thank you all for the great replies.