View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 08:30 AM   #200 (permalink)
Wonderboy
Master EcoModder

The Fruit Bat - '01 Honda Insight
Last 3: 54.26 mpg (US)

Current - '21 Subaru Impreza Wagon
90 day: 34.36 mpg (US)
Thanks for checking in phunky buddha! I've certainly had a heaping helping of 4th gen civic/2nd gen crx geek knowledge doing this project looking for parts. I have been so busy lately - I haven't even had time to update here on small advances. Here's a small update: I looked for a hood at the local salvage yard. I can usually find at least 4 4th gen civics there. This time I found about that and more, but only one of them had a hood, and it looked like a bottom-of-the-bag tortilla chip. I surprisingly found a CRX there, so I got some interior pieces I wanted (too bad the door panels sucked on it though), pieces of the climate control I needed, and some 13" alloys. I've been trying to figure out what they even go to - I can't find pictures of them anywhere associated with 4th gen civics, or any CRXs. They had some nice tall, thin tires on them (typical of that era). Can anyone tell me what this wheel was originally offered on? EDIT: And yes, they definitely are Honda.

The car runs far smoother on the low end, and it almost drives like it probably should. I still need a bit of alignment, NY inspection :P, adjust timing, and figure out my little missing spark problem. Need to solder all of the wires I cobbled together with solderless cap connectors, and it's time to put in the carpet (I know, I know - it's dead weight!)

Last edited by Wonderboy; 07-15-2010 at 08:41 AM..