View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 09:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
Boydness
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
well, it is still possible to damage something if the wiring installation isn't done right (i.e. shorts or??), but the internal connections on the guino itself should not make enough load to damage most things on a car.

But you should actually check that you have a spark, and that it is injecting fuel and try to determine the exact reason your car isn't running. hook up an inductive timing light to a spark plug lead and see if it sparks (or hold a plug against the block where you can see the gap), take off the air cleaner housing and point a timing light at the tbi jet and see if you see fuel. You gotta do some troubleshooting instead of guessing.

I'm not sure about something in your first post:
"I checked the hacked connection to bypass the Injector resistor, connection still good. "
maybe it is a matter of terminology, but why bypass the injector resistor?
Until, I can get back to vehicle, all I can do is determine if the installation is in any way related to the issue. I completed the install and then had the issue.
I wanted to install the MPGuino for the return trip home (525 miles), I did not anticipate any issues.

As far as the bypass, I am still trying to figure that out (it was done by one of the POs). I have a post here discussing the question: TeamSwift • View topic - HELP: What is this wiring hack job all about?