View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 02:53 AM   #15 (permalink)
Gone4
Master EcoModder

Send a message via AIM to Gone4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arminius View Post
I thought about your question, and I think I have an interesting marketing answer. There's nothing better to throw cold water on sales than to make a car that looks like a girl's car. There's a huge risk of that with that type of car.

Sunday I was standing by that car as people walked out of church. They guys tended to ask questions about mileage and safety and talked about how "cool" it looks. The gals tended to squeal over how "cute" it looks. A number of the shorter ones commented that it looks like it was made for them. Mike, the owner of the car, went past a drive-tru and a bunch of girls ran to the window to look at the "cute car." The truth is, if it looked like a girly-car a guy like Mike (like most American males) wouldn't go near it. If it looks like a guys car to the potential male customer, and it also attracts the gals, most American guys will consider the car.

Right now, I would have to say that any single guy who owns the car has a been meeting a lot of girls who wouldn't otherwise have talked to him and who don't think of him as a wimp.
The fact that this is so true, and is universally so in our culture, kills me. Why do people need to define themselves and others by their possessions?

Anyways, I've seen better mileage out of a new corolla, those figures just aren't impressive enough to warrant such a small car I don't think.