View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 12:09 PM   #20 (permalink)
Olympiadis
oldschool

White2003Focus - '03 Ford Focus SE 4-door sedan
Team Ford
90 day: 38.53 mpg (US)

White2001S10pickup - '01 Chevy S10 extended cab LR
Last 3: 24.51 mpg (US)

1989DodgeOMNI - '89 Dodge Omni
Last 3: 30.38 mpg (US)

1991ChevyC1500pickup - '91 Chevy C1500
Last 3: 24.03 mpg (US)

White1986Irocz - '86 Chevy Irocz LB9
Last 3: 30.14 mpg (US)

1999 C5 Corvette - '99 Chevy Corvette

2008 Infinity G37 - '08 Infinity G37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnClark View Post
lets see them
I'm not going to fall for your fishing any more than you would fall for me asking you to show your scientific data showing that air temperature has no effect fuel efficiency.

The way that you come across in your post is that you simply would not believe when I did show you, and I can understand that.
Hence my statement in the post above:
Quote:
Testing each way thoroughly is the best way to determine what your vehicle wants.
Now, if you want me to walk you through a revealing test procedure that you can perform to get repeatable results on your own vehicle, thus giving you your own applicable answers, then I will.

I've done my own controlled testing 20 years ago. I have all of my data, but I'm not here to convince anyone, nor am I obligated to answer to anyone. You will always be better off, and more satisfied, if you perform your own testing.

As I indicated above, different vehicle combinations respond differently, and also to different conditions. Differences in engine loading can come down to factors like different drivers, or where the driver lives. That's why I gave a general answer, but then suggest individual testing to confirm. I had hoped that would've been clear.