View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 09:39 AM   #31 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
I haven't posted an update here in a while but things are still moving along, mostly I've been busy with other projects.
The 3rd and final part for adapting the golf cart motor to the motorcycle is finished! the 3.5" splined shaft that connect the drive end of the motor to the drive shaft of the motorcycle, my brother managed to make 7 of them out of a bar of P20 tool steel that I bought, he said the CNC program to make each one was taking nearly 3 hours total for each shaft, mostly due to the splines and the fact that P20 tool steel is tough stuff, it does produce a nice finish and they fit nicely in to their mating parts.
I only have one of each of the plates and bearing holders that hold the motor and hold the shaft and it's a bit beat up from changes so I now need to do a test fit of everything and make any final adjustments in my measurements then have and get a final drawing done so a small production run of the other parts can be done.
If I get enough time I might even try putting together something that I can ride, I've been busy enough that I still have the Altrax 7265 speed controller sitting around instead of having it installed in my car.