View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 06:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentiu View Post
It depends from country to country I think there's no general regulation in the EU regarding cars except having high taxes on fuel / emission standards
TBH I'm happy with fuel taxes, emissions limits seem useless to me.

The real enemy of mods of any kind, including ecomods is your insurance in Europe. Anything you change has to be passed on to your insurance company for approval. In fact anything modified from standard when you buy the car has to be passed to your insurance to be covered otherwise they will try and avoid any liability and leave you uninsured - which is of course illegal as well, at least in the UK.

As long as your insurance company is happy then safety tests (e.g. UK MOT) will only test for basic safety such as rust and pedestrian safetty on aero mods (e.g. any sharp edges on bodywork) but will probably leave anything else alone. If this was not the case then Andy Saunders couldn't get an MOT for the Stratos Zero car amongst other cool (and less cool) creations

Having now tapped this I'm wondering about any mods in Europe, or at least the UK in terms of insurance.
Phantom (07-25-2010)