View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 07:09 PM   #24 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentiu View Post
Anyway, you have a high power TDI and the bigger the engine the less effect I would think.
Maybe thats one advantage of the little car / big engine thing. I see no other advantage so far.

Seriously though no effect at all.

My 206 had the 2 litre HDi engine and it dragged a lot like you describe. A quick trip to my parents (250 miles each way) and it really stopped me cruising at anything over 75 as it just would not climb hills with AC on - I didn't actually know it was on because this car had climate control so it used it when it needed to.

But in the Fabia - nothing. When I first got the Fabia it was winter so I didn't use it. Then when I tried it worked and made me cold. I tried it again with Arragonis Jnr (who always likes to play with buttons) turning it off and on but all we got was cold. We tried it in traffic (idling) and again, no effect at all except we got cold again, no extra idling speed, no noise, nothing else apart from cold inside.

The AC was checked on its last service as a company was hoping to get some business from people who found theirs not working and was checking serviced cars with AC for free - and mine passed.

Strange.

Although I would like to change Helga for a hyperecodiesel (e.g. C1 or Bluemotion), every now and again (such as my 100 mph/ 40 MPG dash to England recently or her 110 mph on cruise control 500 metres behind a Bentley GT on the way home at 11 pm at night - he was my radar detector) she comes up with a reason not to.

She's a keeper I think.