View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 11:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
wagonman76
Master EcoModder

Red Car - '89 Chevrolet Celebrity CL 4 door
Team Chevy
90 day: 36.47 mpg (US)

Winter Wagon - '89 Pontiac 6000 LE Wagon
90 day: 28.26 mpg (US)
Hey you finally did it, looks good man!

Considering my results of using it on my 6000 wagon all last winter, I think yours will hold up just fine. Only thing I did differently was mounted it upside down from what you did. The 6000 is not as round as yours on the bottom and when I tried it like you did, the corners wanted to kink. So I mounted it upside down from what you did and no kinks. Plus that put the screws through 2 layers of material instead of one. I just used drywall screws on mine, going through the existing lower lip piece that was cracked in a few places already, so I used a lot of screws.

I've pushed through a lot of hardened snow chunks with no problems. I've parked up against snow protrusions on the snowbank at work for 9 hours, and yes it did deform pretty bad but after a few hours it went back to the shape it was supposed to be. Right now as it sits it looks as good as the day I put it on. Extremely resilient stuff.

I bet you will see an improvement. I got a 2 mpg improvement with the airdam on my Celeb. When I get a chance I will replace it with this stuff too because the metal one is really getting beat to crap. I picked up a bunch from spring cleanup piles and I have enough left to do the Celeb.

Winter daily driver, parked most days right now

Summer daily driver
The Following User Says Thank You to wagonman76 For This Useful Post:
moorecomp (07-26-2010)