View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 07:06 AM   #621 (permalink)
Laurentiu
Hypermiling rookie

Opel Corsa B - '96 Opel Corsa 1.2 8V
90 day: 47.27 mpg (US)

VW Bora 1.6 16V - '02 Volkswagen Bora/Jetta
90 day: 35.84 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertSmalls View Post
Wow, has the lawnmower not made it to Cornwall? I can't imagine why you'd want a hedge within ten feet of the road, let alone one trimmed by ordinary traffic.
It's seen as traditional, eye-pleasing, some of those hegdes date back the the 13th century. It serves as a living barrier for livestock as well as safe-haven for wildlife, those things are micro-habitats for all kinds of critters, big and small.
The best part for me was the blueberries. I love blue-berries and they grow throughout these hedges for miles and miles, awaiting to be picked...tons and tons of it....I had blue lips for weeks

They do trim it from time to time using those Unimog trimmers and they do it at high-speed There must be 1000's of miles to be maintained so have to be fast

YKYAEI - you throw away your tire valve caps because it's not worth all the screwing/unscrewing when you check your PSI more than once a week sometimes...

"It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste" Henry Ford