View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 09:39 PM   #38 (permalink)
Achtung
Pickup Driver *gasp!*

Charlie - '97 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup W/T
90 day: 24.14 mpg (US)
Quote:
Yea, but your getting 20 or less mpg and I'm getting now 22's. Chris D. is doing best though at 34% over EPA.
True. I've got to start figuring out how to mod this beast of mine. I've got a canopy on it... I'm thinking this summer I should see if I can make a tonneau cover like Chris has, they seem to be the best option to make the back of a truck more aero. By the way... Thanks Chris for putting up stuff like that! There's not a whole lot on ecomodders for DIY mods specifically for trucks. I think that would be a neat project, although I've never worked with fiberglass.

Quote:
, since I only need the pickup periodically, I don't have to pay for coverage year round, maybe just for four months out of the year when I use it
Roflwaffle, That's cool you can get part-year insurance. I haven't come across any insurance companies that do that around here. Although I haven't searched that hard. I should look into that... I was thinking about getting my motorcycle license and buying a little bike for getting around during the summer.