Thread: New Guy
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 07:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
pletby
Red Light Avoider

My Civic - '00 Honda Civic DX
Team Honda
90 day: 46 mpg (US)
New Guy

Hey everyone. Thought I'd say "Hi!" since I've been poking around here for a month or so reading every night. I read all about Ben Nelson's Electro Metro, and that got me excited about electrics again. I've wanted to tackle that type of project for a few years now, and I think I'll start with an old Suzuki GS400 motorcycle I have collecting dust with a blown engine. Seems like an ideal candidate. Once I have that under my belt I'm going to do a car.

I have zero funds right now, so there's not much I can do other than dust her off and gut the ice equipment. I can scrap that and get a few bucks to put towards other gear I need. The funds will be taken care of shortly; I'm excited about this project!

Since I'm still driving a regular car, I've read up on the hypermiling techniques and applying them as best I can. Numbers are not very impressive with a V6 under the hood, but I'm running for 30mpg, EPA is 22. My commute is a very short 4.8 km each way, and on weekends we head out of town to visit family, so I get some highway in there.

Paul