View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 11:01 PM   #3588 (permalink)
Dwffy
dwffy

cougar controller

Hi Paul,
Don't be too hasty in sending me that chip. I will be needing some other parts first, see attached pics. I tried the controller on 120volts to see what it could do, and, I found out what it can do. I started off at 60 Volts and went up 12volts at a time until reaching 108 volts. I had the vehicle in neutral and each time I uncreased the voltage I would blip the accelerator and watch the ammeter and listen to see if the motor was spinning. All went well up to 108 volts and since I had the vehicle in the back alley whilst working on it, I conneted the final battery and jumped into the drivers seat ready to take off in my new wonder machine. I blipped the accelerator and the ammeter shot up really high for a few seconds as the vehicle started to move then it went down to zero. I took my foot off the accelerator and heard the cut-out disengage the batteries and then accelerated again to about 1/2 throttle. There was a huge bang, something like a 45 firing inside the engine compartment and everything ground to a halt. All the smoke in every semiconductor on the planet let out its smoke today in my poor little pickup.
see pics attached.
I guess it's back to the drawing board again. Any feed back will be welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	speed controller Jul-2010 006.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	6465