View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 10:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Funny
Master EcoModder

Eco-Fit - '13 Honda Fit Base
90 day: 37.06 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post
Funny -
I couldn't get it to work very well, because when I did get the temps up, I was in danger of melting the fan, . If I ran it too fast, I think it "outran" the hot air and pulled in more unheated air. Also, when it was off, I think it acted as a constrictor. Finally, a screw came loose (No, in the fan mount, not my head, ) and I took it out.

If I were to try it again, I would use a "snail shaped" metal fan. With a DC motor controller and a metal "snail fan", you may be able to control the RPMs and modulate the IAT temp.
CarloSW2
I understand what your saying, but the HAI (In Theory) would be self maintaining, and linear in its temperature range after the initial warm-up. As the oil heats up, it would be perpetually cooled (I use this as a relative term, because the outside air temps will always we colder than the oil temperature, unless I'm driving through fire ), by the incoming air, thus allowing for a greater capacity for grill blocks, high temperature thermostats (still have yet to find one for the Lemon) and other such thermal efficiency modifications.

As a research and development technician, it's my job to look at all aspects of the experiment before performing it to see if my hypothesis is indeed correct. It's one of my flaws I think, not being spontaneous. I also don't want to ___ up my car .

Last edited by Funny; 04-08-2008 at 10:41 PM.. Reason: Post added before I could reply to first.