View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 12:47 PM   #42 (permalink)
C3H8
insane in the propane

Cloud Car - '96 Dodge Stratus ES
90 day: 39.15 mpg (US)
first of all, you need to learn how to read what people write instead of just trying to interpert what i say and putting words in my mouth.

first thing that comes to mind is you trying to compare using a diesel fuel additive to diesel fuel. i dont use diesel additives! i dont know how to make that any more clear.

by the way, notice how when i called you out on that you dropped the subject as if it did not exist. go test diesel fuel if you like. i never messed with an additive.

second thing would be you calling me out on the 15% diesel thing. i never said adding diesel helps my mpg's!! (which you claim i said because you are being a straw man) i only said that my mpg's remained the same with or without the diesel., and the only reason i add a bit of diesel is because its about 60 cents cheaper per gallon then gasoline is. i dont know how to make it more clear then that.

but you keep mis quoting me. i never said adding diesel improves fuel economy. if you would bother to actually read what i type then you might understand. i did say that i get the same mpg's when adding diesel. not better, but the same.

as far as egr goes, i don't have a data logger. i have no way to extract data from my car and add it to the website other then writing down what i see on a piece of paper. i have already blocked and thrown away the egr so i am not putting it back on to test it more for you. it just isnt going to happen.

all of the vehicles that i said did not have egr, also did not have any sort of variable valve timing. i know this because i personally replaced the timing belts on most of them. so why don't they have egr? its because egr is bogus. its there for emissions only.
if there are some engines that see increased mpg's from the use of egr then fine. but i don't own one and i haven't seen one. my car and my engine gets better mpg's without egr. and no it doesn't have variable valve timing,
this is fact. i did back to back testing, multiple times, along the same road, using cruise control, trying to eliminate any variables as possible. egr killed my mileage. did you ever stop to think that maybe MY engine really does benefit from an egr block off?

i'm going to say a few things again, so you can hopefully understand it exactly in the way i meant it. ready?

"my engine gets better mileage with egr disabled"
"my engine has higher ignition timing with egr disabled"
"15% diesel does not increase my mpg's"
"adding the diesel only because its cheaper"

do you know what straw man is? it is when one person is arguing position X and another person will not argue X, they only come back with skewed arguments for position Y.
this is what you are doing. look up straw man here.
Straw man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

quit being a straw man.
Charging system voltage increased to 15.5V
secondary and tertiary 12v batteries in the trunk
on-board battery charger
lights converted to led's
potentiometer controlled tps for ign timing
welded straight pipe in place of cat-cons
removed egr
3 inch body drop
90psi fuel rail & -50% low volume injectors
run 15% diesel 85% gas