View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 01:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
SteveP
EcoModding Lurker

tjts1,

With all due respect (and speaking only for myself), I do in fact realize that lowering the ride height does hide more of the wheel. However, as I've said above, there is a lot going on under the car and I think people like Hucho and others who have actually *measured* the Cd for various ride heights probably know what they're talking about.

As I said above, many times the underlying assumptions are not stated explicitly, so it is very hard for us novices (and I'm assuming none of us are professionals in the auto aerodynamics field) to make judgments about the conditions under which a particular change produces a particular result.

As before, my plea is mostly for additional research into the literature to try to find out what's really going on. Speaking of which, I am not sure which autospeed article you are referring to. I've read all the articles I could find on that site and none (that I found) were entitled "under car aerodynamics, part 1". I did find (and quickly reread) "Modifying undercar airflow" parts 1 and 2 and saw nothing in there that referred to ride height (though maybe on my quick re-read I missed it). Got a link?

--Steve