View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 03:42 AM   #40 (permalink)
brucey
A madman

Pequod - '17 Subaru Outback
90 day: 22.79 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to brucey
OK, so my original ideas of using T105 batteries might be questioned.

I really would like the entire battery pack fit into the area shown earlier in this thread, as to keep the usefulness of the trunk still. But fitting 12 of the T105's into the car might be a bit of a hassle. I still would like to go for lead, since it's cheap. And eventually switch up to lithium of some sort.

Any ideas of from anyone for a battery that can handle 400Amps regularly? I'll be calling my local golf cart guy tomorrow.

I also looked into the bracket itself. I found a design that would suit both the cars engine, and the electric motor.

It attaches on the front of the motor via the Power steering pump bolts and a secondary bracket attached to the intake manifold. I might add a few extra braces on mine though.

Then dug up some diagrams of a smaller bracket for a different set up:

2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RSC Build Diagrams - Ludicrous-Speed

and used the dimensions given between the bolt holes on SC5 as a measurement, and got these rough dimensions:

And started digging in the scrap pile.

As it happened, I have a 10" by 15" piece of 1/4 6061 aluminum. So I think the first bracket should be starting to come together soon. I really would prefer steel for this, but we'll see if this is good enough. I also can't finish the motor until the bracket arrives, for final fitment. Then it's just a matter of finding the pulleys and tighten'er down!

PS: All information is found via google and owns to their owners. GG
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8852.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	6508  

Last edited by brucey; 08-04-2010 at 04:42 AM..