View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 07:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
hondo434
EcoModding Apprentice

Alty-magnet - '06 Nissan Altima SE
90 day: 33.83 mpg (US)

maxi-magnet II - '12 Nissan Maxima S
Robchalmers, I know everyone makes fun of what they don't understand. I am trying to find what is causing the huge milage gain. The only thing that has increased my milage over 30 years of driving was when I installed magnets around the fuel line. I could feel the extra torque immediately. The milage increased immediately. The car had a slight hesitation and I could feel the drivability improve. I installed magnets on both of my cars and they both increased from 28-29 mpg highway 36-38 highway immediatly the milage dropped a little when ethenol came out. That equates to almost 30 % change in milage.
One car has 30k and the other has 90k. Both are Nissan which use rubber fuel lines. I don't believe this is just coincidence. I put magnets on my father's big v-8 mercury and his milage went over 29mpg immediately.
I am convinced the magnets are the cause as they are the only variable. I am using regular fuel and the manufacturer recommends premium for best performance. I can push the engine up a hill and there is no knock or pinging. Before it would ping with regular fuel.

The Following User Says Thank You to hondo434 For This Useful Post:
j12piprius (02-23-2011)