View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 12:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
canaboost
EcoModding Lurker

new modder...what to do

Hey Guys and Gals

After being in a trade for 10 years I have decided to go back to school and become a high school shop teacher, I will be selling my 99 Lifted Tracker for something that I can max out the economy on.

This is what I am looking to buy and why,( unless any one has other suggestions? ) a ODM2 car, ether a 1.3L 5 speed swift/metro/firefly with low km or a civic hatchback 5 speed, I am commuting about 70KM one way a day on a highway with some okay elevation changes (Summerland BC to Kelowna BC), I just turned down a 97 4 door metro auto with 150km for $1200 because I want the added economy and power of the 5 speed, I have looked at a ton of 3cyl Suzuki's but it seems like a large number are on there second or third motor. With a highway commute I think the 3 cyl would work to hard? I have had a 97 firefly sedan 5 speed in the past and I think it would be more then capable to make this drive for the next 4 years.

When I mod it I don't really want to do anything that will cause it to look silly so no wheel covers, or rear air dams. I was thinking about a grill block, Scan gauge, Injector Kill, and a lower air dam up front, as well as any under hood mods to improve mpg like air intake, filter, exhaust, what else can I do, I have read through the 65+ mods list on the site