View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 10:29 PM   #21 (permalink)
Zerohour
Master EcoModder

Pooparu - '01 Subaru Outback Limited
90 day: 28.12 mpg (US)

Cop Car - '94 Chevy Caprice Interceptor 9C1
Last 3: 18.48 mpg (US)

Mini - '11 Mini Cooper
90 day: 37.63 mpg (US)

Gramps - '95 Subaru Legacy Postal
90 day: 23.18 mpg (US)
Nice Mcrews! That grill block is sweet.

I know Brucey has a Subaru almost identical to mine, and his whole front bumper is blocked off. I'm considering closing in some of the squares on the grill or pulling a hat trick from the New Chevy designs. If you notice all the new chevys have a wide bar in the middle. If you look they are all angled upwards. In the aero videos around youtube you can see the smoke trail fly up from the grill. It almost seems like some of their vehicles they are only making it look like a has a big grill. I'm considering making a "wide bar" in the middle of my Subaru grill to see if it helps at all. But need to finish up these projects first.

Oh a sad note, I've killed another power tool...this is my third orbital in 5 years. This time the internals actually melted and the metal block that held the shaft in place was no longer aligned for the motor to work properly. :-/ puts a damper on my cost savings for the mod, but on well. Partly I can sand with an orbital for four hours and the orbital can't! Worst part was I was bouncing between the Wheel deflectors and bumper block. So there were cooling cycles between. I had even been keeping it clean internally with the air wand! But alas, another one bites the dust.

The last one I killed was from clogging it up. And it sucks even more cause I ended up buying the same exact one that melted because there's nothing close but a walmart where I live. Probably will take this one back and get a better grade model or different brand all together.