View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 01:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
americasfuture2k
EcoModding Apprentice

SLOLANE - '08 Chevy (Daewoo) Aveo5 SV
90 day: 30.55 mpg (US)
universal economy shift light add-in

i have looked all over quiet a few times and have found nothing. so im bringing it to everyones attention and maybe we can get around to making or designing one of these that can maybe even be built buy the consumer. there isnt even a OBD II option :\.

what all signals and info does this need to determine a good shift point for fuel economy? ive discussed it with friends and theyve said a window switch like a normal shift light, but that wont work in the manner it should for a eco shift light. if your always shifting at 2000 rpm under light throttle, your not always going to be at the optimum power to get up a hill and have your economy too. thats a loose loose situation lol.

since im wanting to put this in my Aveo, and the Fiero GT thats getting the L32, 3800 Series III Supercharged, i want to have two lights occupy the shift up light socket. a green LED for fuel economy shift up, and a red LED for performance shift up. these 3800's get in the low 30 MPG's in the five speed Fieros when they are easy on it. apply some ecomodding driving habit, and you can pull off some rediculously good MPG in a supercharged sports car lol.
the performance shift up light can be had pretty cheaply off ebay. now a combination circuit of the two would be pretty neat. too much hassle for something simple like this.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3159589

shutup, im working on it