View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 02:33 PM   #26 (permalink)
Zerohour
Master EcoModder

Pooparu - '01 Subaru Outback Limited
90 day: 28.12 mpg (US)

Cop Car - '94 Chevy Caprice Interceptor 9C1
Last 3: 18.48 mpg (US)

Mini - '11 Mini Cooper
90 day: 37.63 mpg (US)

Gramps - '95 Subaru Legacy Postal
90 day: 23.18 mpg (US)
I have noticed that if the Subaru is ready to shift up hill, All I have to do is lift and tip the throttle back in, How the ECU and trans relays signals must tell it not to shift when it's at closed throttle. I have timed it right, and it will stay in fourth, but I'm not sure how healthy this technique will be for the transmission in the long haul.

As for an update, I have primer on the bumper block, and I still stopped to fill one few tiny bits. Its not perfect, and I could do better, but it's too damn hot and I don't have enough time if I ever want to get the block on the car. Mounting points are done, and I should be getting a call this afternoon to get Subaru color match paint from Napa. I have a feeling It's gonna be a hell of a test run tomorrow morning going to work. lol I don't see getting the paint in time to get the bumper painted, dried, and install and then still giving the car a half an hour test run tonight. So tomorrow morning will have to be it.

I have held off on the wheel air deflectors, I have them sanded out, but I am not happy with the way they are fitting or with the seam quality I'll have if I install them. I need to build a better mounting tab system and revamp the edges somehow.

So for now, focus in on getting the front block done.