View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 08:15 PM   #28 (permalink)
Zerohour
Master EcoModder

Pooparu - '01 Subaru Outback Limited
90 day: 28.12 mpg (US)

Cop Car - '94 Chevy Caprice Interceptor 9C1
Last 3: 18.48 mpg (US)

Mini - '11 Mini Cooper
90 day: 37.63 mpg (US)

Gramps - '95 Subaru Legacy Postal
90 day: 23.18 mpg (US)
Well Brucey (posted above) has achieved 38 mpg with his. And his is bored .40 from a rebuild. Now I don't expect to get the car to 35mpg city, but I do hope I can get up to 35mpg with highway driving. Which will bring the overall average of the car upward and maybe get the average up to 30's consistently.

My eco sig lies since I put in data from previous summer when I had a different commute. The car got 24-26mpg on gasohol with long stretches of Hilly two lane highways. And I did that without ever trying to conserve fuel. Right now my commute which is worse than that I got in above 26mpg on the last three tanks (26.5, 28.25, 27.5 respectively). Getting improvements that make 10-15% improvement would put me nearing 30mpg! Which is still better than half the massive transit vehicles use to go to and from work.

On a side note, no paint tonight. It is sitting primed. I ordered Color matched paint from Napa, but the store neglected to order caps/sprayers for the aerosol cans. So they have three cans of paint but no way for me to spray it. :-(

So tomorrow night I'll be painting if the weather holds up.

Pictures should be on their way shortly.